I know that part of the Indiegogo campaign, a mile stone for the use of drones was not achieved. I hope it will be considered in the future.
I recall that the use of a Parrot Drone was noted in the goal. I personally think that this might change. The drone market has changed drastically in the past 2 years. It would be cool though if proxy42 contracted a drone manufacture to make a trademark father.io speced drone. I’d buy a drone made/designed for Father.IO
If that was even possible, what performance specs or functionality would you want on a drone specifically made for Father.io?
Things I would consider:
- Good Range
- Good Battery/Flight time 20min
- 1080P camera with zoom
- Ability to use a radio transmitter
- Change the color of applicable faction
- targeted follow/GPS based
- Ability to add mods ie increased drone shield, EMP, deploy resources to team
- Remote viewing from computer, phone or tablet
- open source: Use the community, apps, mods, changes approved by proxy42
That’s all I have for now. I wouldn’t mind experimenting with a parrot drone and using open source SDKs to try and make something. It just sounds so awesome to deploy a real drone to assist in a skermish.