Microtransactions - Would you support it?

Just a thought, but Pokemon Go is implementing a cash shop which will sell in-game items (equipment) made only for convenience that you can get just from playing the game, and I was wondering… if there was an in-game shop for Father.io, would you guys support it? (better than a subscription, in my opinion)

I’m talking about things sold as extras for increased space, variety and uniqueness and not to be broken or overpowered, or made for “pay to win”. I think what annoyed me the most about mobile games in general was that you needed to pay in order to advance further in the game, that if you didn’t pay then you were at a clear disadvantage to other players, or having to pay for quick recharges in order to speed up the waiting.

Things made to help you stand out among other players aesthetically are great (personalized / customization). Additional storage, aura, skins, animations, etc.

Or even new guns, made of course similar but not OP to the guns already found in the game (more uniqueness, like how WoW has different kinds and tiers of weapons), kinda like how Black Ops 3 has the Black Market Dealer and Destiny has Xur the Black Market Vendor. I personally, would pay quite a bit for a fast draw / hip fire / fanning / spinning revolver similar to these:

Destiny - “The Last Word” Revolver

EvenBoringAmericanbadger

Overwatch - “Peacekeeper” Revolver

OptimalSarcasticCondor

Tell me what you guys think, this game already has huge support from crowdfunding and a large following, and I’d love for this game to have continuous, constant, fast and large updates / patches over time, and to help support the devs in order to make Father.io to be the best and biggest that it can possibly be, improving upon the gameplay, graphics, and social interaction (real world events, gatherings, and E-sports competitions). It would be a dream come true to see all of that potential fully realized.

Drone Hardware, Software Requirements?

First off, Nice Overwatch gameplay lol.

Second off, I agree and disagree.
Agree: I do because of the potential of the game and also because of the fact that it takes a player’s skill to win instead of items. Reason I say this is because I used to play a Pay to Win game. (ptw) But to all the Cashers I faced (with the exception of those who put muilthundres to thousands in the game) I could win. And I didn’t spend anything. So, things like custom auras on person/avatar, or on weapons, would be nice to see. They wouldn’t have to do anything in particular. Maybe just a look. As to effects on items… Hmm. Maybe small effects that with the use of RSS, could change into something great.
Disagree: For one reason I stated above. It would ve unfair to those who are free to play if they encountered a multihundred or thousands player. That would ve disadvantageous to anyone really.
If this goes through, I’d say make a cap for player customization, stat wise. (Either for items or person.) But as to looks, open ended.

I would definitely support a shop that sold in-game items, as long as they don’t give one player a significant advantage over another (ie. op weapons and equipment). Right now, the only perks that were available for purchase was the limited edition camo and the 3-class mobility.

I think it’s easier to list the things that have the potential to show up in a cash shop, and then discuss them individually:

Tactical Map

• Increase Maximum Hacking Power
  • Speed-up Hacking Power Recovery Rate
  • Decrease Raid Time/Raid Power
  • Increaes Raid Blocking Power
  • Temporary Double Experience
  • Increase Harvest Capabilities
  • Increase Maximum Resource Storage
  • Increase Travel Speed for Drone
  • Increase Harvest Capabilities for Drone (Includes depositing resources into bank)
  • Discount (Ability) on Building / Upgrading Structures

FPS Battles

• Weapons with special abilities
  • Equipment with special abilities
  • Armor with special abilities

Player

• Character Name Change
  • Faction Change (Keep all stats)

I think that maybe it should cost some money to start up a clan. It doesn’t have to be a large amount; just $1 is good. I think that this would help Father.IO staff, and it would also encourage players to be dedicated to the clan and the game. Also, from the business point of view, it isn’t a large enough amount of money to discourage players from creating a clan. In fact, because it is so cheap, there might be a lot of players creating clans and encouraging their friends to play so they can join their clan, which in return gets more players to play and a few steps closer to reaching the next stretch goal!

All I can think of right now.

Francesco and the Father.io team want to absolutely prevent the game from becoming pay to win. So if they will consider micro transactions I doubt that it will be game breaking options.
If it were skins or cosmetics I would probably buy some to show my support and personalise my gameplay.

I’m all for a few “perks” here and there, but my main bias with IAP’s and in-game payments is that we as gamers have become accustomed to having to pay for these things. I know that some game developers have to do this in order to further their product. But you really see a strange trend with App based games and IAP’s.

It’s all the same format, almost too expensive but not so expensive so that one says"ok I’ll get it anyway". A very creative strategy I must say but I hope that father.io doesn’t go this route.

Please no ingame shop with things to buy that give you any advantage.

I’m totaly fine with cosmetic things but I’m out if there will anything show up that give you an advantage for money!

I’m on the same page as ParaSid. I am sick of playing games where I’m at work and while I was making money someone else was spending and they hand me my but the next time I log on. Then I have to spend my money in order to compete and I’m over that. I have had a few good games get deleted because of this.

Yeah I feel you. After an incident that happened with a previous game, I started deleting games if I ever felt the urge to spend money.

@Sapper

I think all of these would lead to the feel of PTW, so I would vote against/not support here.

[quote] FPS Battles

• Weapons with special abilities
  • Equipment with special abilities
  • Armor with special abilities
    [/quote]
    These are also all PTW, in my opinion.

These I would support. They do not greatly effect gameplay and have a potential to be a little more involved on the technical side. I could see people wanting this, who decide that they don’t like their name or if they find out that all of their friends are on the other side.

[quote]
I think that maybe it should cost some money to start up a clan. It doesn’t have to be a large amount; just $1 is good. I think that this would help Father.IO staff, and it would also encourage players to be dedicated to the clan and the game. Also, from the business point of view, it isn’t a large enough amount of money to discourage players from creating a clan. In fact, because it is so cheap, there might be a lot of players creating clans and encouraging their friends to play so they can join their clan, which in return gets more players to play and a few steps closer to reaching the next stretch goal! [/quote]
I would also support this. I think you could raise the price of starting a clan to $5 or $10 and still be affordable to the masses. I personally don’t like the games where every player creates a clan and then leaves to join a bigger clan causing hundreds of “dead” clans. Having this cost would help players stick to the clan that they created and/or have them look for an existing clan before they make their own.

@Kaj

I too would support this. I would probably even go as far as to buy a different skin for all of the classes that I will play. (One of the perks that I backed had the 3 class mobility)

The main problem to what you are suggesting with micro transactions is the fact that people have already paid for their interceptors. If you suggest these micro transactions and the price of interceptors fall people who got into the project earlier or were heavy backers may feel that they are being ignored for newer players.

I would even see the sense behind a choice to reset your faction on the game launch because people might have chosen to join their friends but they happened to go the wrong side on accident or the fact that if/when a third faction comes out everyone who got the beta version of the app to help its development may feel neglected.

I understand that people might want to keep their progress but to an extent it would make the system into, newer players win out more. Along with currency drops effecting the balance of pitching in before or after it won’t do good for the game if many of the players end up feeling ripped off by a wall of micro transactions that let players get the upper hand when they have already paid out a lot of money and spent a lot of time to help the production of this game.

I would support it as long as the game doesn’t change to a pay to win…as stated by a lot of others above.

Micro transactions or just like buying coins or something like that

Maybe you’re thinking more of a subscription kind of thing

To make a clan in clash of clans it cost a lot of money!

I think we got a bit off topic. Let’s get back on track.

@taegames please dont use multiple comments just use the @ function to reply to multiple persons. Its very useful :smiley:

Can someone support for the interceptor for people that can’t afford it?or we can keep money in the bank in the map untill it have a lot of money and it will cut the money to get the inceptor

I’m not too sure what you’re asking. Are you asking if you can use in-game resources to purchase an inceptor? If that is the case, then I’m sure the answer is no. @tarun

If you can’t afford an inceptor yourself, maybe you can get with a few friends and purchase one or a bundle! At first I purchased the early bird pack, but when I got a lot of my friends interested we pulled together our money and ended up purchasing two L33T Team Packs!

To get back on topic: I hope that they will add some skins that you can buy and special skins that you can get by winning a tournament or something like that. Anything more would be too much.

I’d say a shop is ok, not great but ok, as long as you make it so that you can still earn the money to get stuff without using real cash, it just taking longer to do so. I play Walking War Robots (the name just changed to War Robots the other day) and they do this very well - stuff either costs silver which you earn in matches for damage done and beacons captured etc., or gold which you can buy with real money or earn by completing challenges. You have up to 5 challenges any one time e.g. “capture 20 beacons” or “do 250,000 damage with a heavy robot” and they just accumulate until you complete them. Each day you get two new challenges added until you have five to complete again. To show the balance of reward to purchase cost, you get 40 - 50 gold as a reward and an item will cost around 1250 - 5000 gold (5000 is rare though). You can also use gold to purchase extra silver if you want to.